Saturday, August 29, 2009

don't fade into the background

I know you still
would rather mess with me than get going
She's been building up a castle in LA
Roll the dice for me
-"Fences", Phoenix

A friend and I are doing themed art trades. First theme: fence.
In a way I suppose that this falls in the same category as the drawing in my "let's be honest" entry. I'm exploring this type of style and thinking of making it into a series. If I do, It's going to be about beauty and what can lie underneath the underneath. Looks aren't everything.

Click to full-view. It's rather messy, I apologize, but unfortunately that's just how I draw. (On a slightly unrelated note, I would love to try out some Blu-Tack as a graphite eraser. I've heard it works wonders.)

No references! Not drawing from sight is definitely out of my comfort zone, but it's good to dabble in different things, I think.
Inspiration: Phoenix (lovely, lovely band. definitely one of my favorites.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment and following me, btw I love love love the wood effect in this picture! I've always tried to do that but failed abysmally, haha, so well done!
    I just finished two drawings on Audrey Hepburn and Edie Sedgwick, will upload them soon so check them out!
    Thanks,
    --Chloe

    ReplyDelete