Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hair

Hair is a funny thing.

What you see isn't really what you get when it comes to photographs. Or at least in this case it isn't. I use the eyedropper tool to get the hues I use on my drawing, and I've realized that you never get the colors that you think you'll get.

This guy is ginger. for sure. 100%
The only colors I pick up with my eyedropper are shades of blonde and brown. So I've been compensating for it by overlaying thin layers of orange hues in some areas.

This is the first time I've actually tried painting hair in Corel Painter. It's not as bad as I had expected it to be, but I'm still far from done. He's not looking too shabby though, so I haven't gotten frustrated yet haha. This has actually been a fantastic way for me to figure out my preferred approach to painting hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment