Thursday, August 4, 2011

Misha

Misha Collins from Supernatural

This is for a fun thing that euclase has put together called Draw Misha Day. You can submit drawings of Misha, and she'll post them all on August 21, I believe. Should be fun to see all the submissions! To be honest, I've never watched Supernatural or seen Misha Collins in anything else ahahah but he has a nice face. And that's all the reason I need to draw someone (:

So, this is my first graphite portrait in a while, and man does it feel good to draw again. Tried a new technique for his skin, which is drawing in tiny little circular patterns before blending with a tissue. I like the result, so I'll most likely be keeping to that in the future as well. Yeah. His proportions are slightly off, but this was mainly an excuse to get back into practice anyway.

Planning on doing some acrylic painting next, but I probably won't have much to show for it, since college apps are now upon me. annnd I need to finish my summerwork. I can't believe it's August already. Summer's going by so fast.

2 comments:

  1. Great drawing, especially because graphite is quite daunting for me sometimes. I don't really like to venture outside of pencil! Like the sound of that technique though, I'll definitely have to try it out at some point.

    I couldn't agree more, it feels like my summer has barely started and it's going by so quickly!

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this one! Kinda creepy but real good :)

    Keep up the great work!
    Smiles,
    Aina
    THE DUSTY LOFT
    THE DUSTY LOFT TWITTER

    ReplyDelete