Sunday, June 19, 2011

COLORS

Matt Doyle
from Broadway's War Horse, Spring Awakening
also Gossip Girl and Private Romeo

His EP, Daylight, is available on iTunes! Go give it a listen and buy it! It's fabulous. He's super talented.

I think this is my first official Prismacolor drawing. Colors are tricky. I definitely haven't gotten the hang of them yet, but they're rather fun. I need to get some better paper though. The kind I used for this drawing really didn't work well with Prismas.

His face is all colorful because the reference I used is a concert picture (I think I got it from broadwayworld), and concert lighting always makes skin tone go all funky. I like it though. His proportions are off, but I think you can tell it's him, which is good enough for me since this drawing was mostly a learning process anyway.

SCHOOL IS OUT IN THREE DAYS
SUMMER HERE I COME

P.S. Plaid is kind of evil, but it turned out okay, I think? So I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment! And yeah, it's rubbish how summer is so short for us! I can't believe you have 2 and a half months, that's amazing haha :-) Yeah, we have 1 week off in October, 2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week off in February, 2 weeks off for Easter and 1 week off in May, so our holidays are a lot more spread out. What time do you get off throughout the school year? :-)

    And yes definitely, I plan on reading so much more this summer seeing as I've decided to neglect my books so much lately. Well, I would say that On The Road by Jack Kerouac is a brilliant read and a great one to read over summer. One Day by David Nicholls is also a lovely read. High Fidelity by Nick Hornby is also one of my favourite books, I love that too. :-) Hope you like them!

    FURTHERMORE, back to your post, I love this drawing! I can't believe how well the colours worked out, I have no chance with doing anything like this haha. And yeah, you can definitely tell who it is and all of the details like the 'plaid' - or as we Britons say - checked shirt is done really well! So very well done, I think it's safe to say that this was a resounding success! :-)

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete